Monday, December 7, 2009

Grandma's Cookies

AKA Swedish Cookies.
These cookies have become a new Christmas tradition around here. The kids love them, Marc gets all sentimental when he talks about them and I get all warm and fuzzy when he tells me "These are good, they taste just like Grandma's" Is there any better compliment ?
Unlike my Grandma, Marc's 'Mammoo' was not stingy with her recipes, she loved to share them with everyone, so I thought I'd share with you.

One little hint, unless you like to feel/taste bits of nut in your cookies throw the nuts into a blender and make them super fine, BUT, don't do what I did and walk away, you may end up w/ Walnut butter (gaggle)

SWEDISH COOKIES
----------------

1/2 Lb butter
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 3/4 Cup Cake flour
1 Cup chopped nuts, chopped very fine (I use walnuts or pecans,use what you like)
1 tsp Vanilla
Dash of salt

Mix together and put in a roll (wax paper). Chill overnight in fridge. (I was in a hurry one day and put the roll in the freezer until it got hard and that worked just fine)

Slice thin. Bake 12 mins at 350 degrees (I find 12 mins to be a bit too long, start off at 10 and see how they look)

Cool cookies, when completely cooled roll in powdered sugar.

ENJOY !!!

The lighting was horrible today and I could not get them to look right for love nor money, but here's a glimpse

No comments:

Google Analytical

screen