Sunday, January 15, 2012

What's your word ?

Have you chosen a word to live by yet for 2012 ?
I was thinking about this last week and the word running in my brain over and over was Balance. By the end of 2011 everything was out of balance even our diet became unbalanced as I tried to juggle too many things. My business grew and grew and grew some more and for that I was encouraged, grateful and humbled, but as it grew my house grew dirtier, meals became quick and hurried things to throw together and were hardly ever balanced, Hamburger Helper even got served twice for the first time ever and it'll be the last, that stuff is NASTY !! Christmas shopping was put off until Christmas Eve, Christmas cards didn't get mailed out, cookies for Santa were baked at 10pm Christmas Eve, instead of a tin of his favorite cookies being added to his pillow case it was a package of cookie mix for Ben.
There were a lot of firsts and none of them were firsts I'd want to repeat. I didn't even get my white Christmas tree in my kitchen decorated, that's generally one of my favorite things to do in the Christmas season. So this year I will be taking some deep breaths and long looks around me and find a new balance. Try to figure out the things to let go of and the things to hang onto, learn to say "No" again.... I'm doing better but there's still room for improvement but it's all baby steps right ?

So what's your word ?

2 comments:

JoyLeanne said...

So encouraging to hear some one else voice the same thoughts I have been thinking. Last year's word was definitely "change" some good, some challenging. I am still unsure of what I want this year's word to be, but definitely something along the lines of balance, or intentional. Best of luck in your pursuit of balance!

Bean said...

haha, be happy you didn't try the "Tuna Helper" - you don't even know... ;)

Google Analytical

screen