Monday, January 30, 2012

The best gift around

I love to spend time with my family but I also like to spend time with me doing what I like to do and sometimes I need it and Saturday I needed it and so redeemed one of my time slots and it was blissful, I ran errands alone and nobody asked me for candy or soda at the checkout, I ate leftovers for lunch and nobody complained because we'd just eaten that same thing the night before, I watched a movie without any interruptions, I ate good chocolate and didn't have to share and I got to do some fun sewing just because I wanted to, it was blissful and by 6:30pm I was ready for my peeps to come home and welcomed their commotion with open arms. So next time your significant other asks what you'd like for a gift I'd highly recommend a coupon booklet with several of those coupons in it.
Here's what I was sewing, it's for my niece's Birthday and I'm going to pair it up with the board book 'There was an old lady who swallowed a fly.' If you're looking for fun, imaginative and relatively easy sewing projects I'd highly recommend ordering from Buggabugs. She has a lovely selection of items to make, I've already bookmarked some for upcoming Birthday and Christmas presents.

I Know An Old Woman - PDF Doll Pattern (Doll, Fly, Spider, Bird, Cat, Dog, Goat, Cow, Horse)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I l-o-v-e that major sporting events are excluded!!! Too funny. (Glad you enjoyed your day!)

Google Analytical

screen