We have to do something inside, that's delightful. Today that consisted of Reagan and I whipping up some scrumptious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies. DELICIOUS !! and because you might be in need of some baking therapy while stuck inside, or just because you want to bake something for fun we're going to share our recipe with you.
2 sticks butter 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 C granulated sugar 2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt 3 C oats
1 C raisins ( we used 1/2 C raisins and 1/2 C chocolate chips)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Beat together sugars and sugar until creamy
3. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well
4.Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well.
5. Stir in oats
6. Divide mixture into 1/2, adding chocolate chips to one 1/2 and raisins to the other.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet
8.Bake 12 - 14 mins or until golden brown
9. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet ; remove to wire rack.
I was also in need of some fabric therapy and so whipped up a pair of two handed oven mitts and a co ordinating kitchen towel in some bright cheery fabric featuring Summer fruits. I'm in desperate need of cheery and bright right now, enough of the white already and in case you are too, they are available in the store www.thegivingtree.etsy.com (Blogger isn't co operating with me tonight to give you a direct link)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ▼ February (5)
- ► 2009 (114)
- ► 2008 (161)