Monday, November 1, 2010

When bad things turn into good

Saturday I got busy making cupcakes for a Halloween party we went to last night, I'd decided on Chocolate and Pumpkin cupcakes covered in Ganache, then I was going to frost on a spiders web and stick a plastic spider in the middle, cute huh ?
I baked the cupcakes, they turned out great, went on to make the Ganache, the same Ganache I've made a million times before and FAIL, it turned out NASTY !! Started off using Bittersweet chocolate (that'll teach me not to read the box) then I heated it up too quickly and it got all grainy and separated on me, I wondered if I could salvage it, I dipped my finger in to see how it tasted and oh, my face squished into a thousand directions, the only place it was good enough for was the garbage.
So then it was onto Plan B, I no longer had time for the Ganache to be made, cooled and set in time for frosting, I didn't have a can of frosting on hand so I surfed the net and came up with an awesome recipe, I'd link you to it but I can't find it now, I will however share it with you all. Never again will I buy canned frosting, this is delish. I added some extra pumpkin spice to mine to give it an extra Fall type taste. The consistency was more in tune to that of mousse and despite the amount of sugar it wasn't overly sugary at all.

Chocolate Frosting (To die for)
---------------------------------
2 3/4 c Confectioners Sugar
6 Tbs Unsweetened Cocoa powder
6 Tbs Softened butter
5 Tbs Evaporated milk
1 tsp Vanilla

1. Sift together sugar and cocoa
2. Cream butter until smooth
3. Alternately add Sugar mix and milk
4. Blend in Vanilla
5. Adjust as needed

ENJOY !!

No comments:

Google Analytical

screen