Are you like me and have lots of extra fabric sitting around your house filling up bins and taking up space waiting for that perfect project to come along ? Are you someone that doesn't sew but likes to get involved in projects that help others ? If so then this post is for you. 'Dress A Girl Around The World' is a campaign that distributes pillowcase dresses to girls all around the world. Click on the link and you can learn all about it.
This campaign has particularly touched my heart and maybe it's because I'm the mother of a dress loving 7 y/o. She loves to dress up and look pretty as do many of her friends and she is lucky that she is able to. There are thousands of other little girls around the world who will never get to experience the feel of something soft and pretty against their skin, they will never know what it's like to have a pretty dress made just for them and that hurts my heart. I know how I feel when I've being in grungy sweats all day and then I get to go and change into something pretty, my mood lightens, I feel better about myself and for whatever reason everything around me seems so much better, little girls no matter who or where they are deserve to feel the same way once in a while.
So won't you join me in this sewing marathon between now and March 31st in blessing these little girls ?
Here's how you can.
1) Spread the word, lets get as many people involved as humanly possible
2) Sew a dress and mail it to : Rachel Eggum CinaderHope 4 Women International
P.O Box 74010
Phoenix, AZ 85087
3) You don't sew but still want to help ? No worries. You can mail me a new pillowcase or a yard of fabric, I'll sew it for you and mail it in in your name. I'll also take a pic of the finished product so you can see what you sent.
4) Don't live near a fabric store, live over seas or don't have time to shop for fabric and supplies ? Not a problem, you can PayPal me $10 and I'll buy the fabric and supplies, take a pic and mail it for you in your name.
5) Don't have a PayPal acct but want to donate ? I'll take cold hard cash or a personal check and do all of the above.
A couple of people have raised questions about religious materials being sent along with the dresses, that is entirely up to you. The organization themselves do not, I will not be sending any type of literature religious or otherwise, if you are wanting me to make the dress for you and want something added you will have to send that to me and I will be happy to add it for you.
In return for your generosity I am going to host a Giveaway.. A matching wristlet, key fob and sunglass case (Pictures coming later) All you have to do is enter a comment here committing to donate at least one dress, when you have sewn your dress I ask that you take a picture and send it to me, (I'll be doing a big post on April 4th showcasing all the dresses made and mailed, along with the winner of the giveaway) If you are donating, once your donation is made come back and comment and you'll be automatically entered into the drawing. The more dresses you donate the more entries you get. ( 1 entry per dress)