Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another picnic mat

All weekend I worked on another picnic mat, I have to admit the thing was a bear to make, it was huge, the batting wasn't as wide as the fabric so I had to overlap it and stitch it together, ack, ever tried stitching batting ? It's not a fun task. Add to that all of the fabric being fed through my machine there was a lot of not so nice words flying and a lot of "I'll never make one this big again." but in the end I think it was all worth it and the fact that I made it as a gift for a friend to give her sister for working out on and having enough room on it for her sweet little newborn, (who will be arriving now in just a few short weeks makes)to lay on while Mommy is getting back in shape again makes it all worthwhile.
The day was very dreary and rainy so I couldn't take pics outside but you can get an idea of what it looks like here.


No comments:

Google Analytical

screen