Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas revisited

Christmas started off this year with the kids and I delivering tins of goodies to neighbors and friends
Once we had done that I allowed the kids to decorate the tree on their own this year, it was one less job for me and something they really enjoyed doing, so what if some of the branches were bare and some were completely laden down, I did however make sure a couple of my favorites were on there
Ben and Reagan couldn't wait to get their new pj's on,on Christmas Eve, who knew something so simple could turn into such a well loved tradition

Victoria didn't want to get left out and so hobbled out to the living room for the first time since her surgery to get her PJ pic taken too, as you can tell she was in a whole world of hurt.

She managed to hobble out again Christmas day and spent a good part of the day in the big green chair

Due to Victoria's surgery we didn't travel anywhere for Christmas and so Marc invited a couple of 'Orphan' families over for Christmas dinner, Reagan loves to set a pretty table and so I left the table setting down to her, she got minimal help from me, she did a pretty good job huh ?
The kids table

We served up the usual traditional turkey dinner and I made an awesome chocolate mousse cake for dessert

The kids received the gifts they really wanted, a guitar and microphone for Reagan, a snare drum for Ben and money that was spent on a new cell phone for Victoria, us adults did ok too, a much requested drill for Marc, in fact he asked so many people he ended up with 2, LOL and cozy UGG slippers for me.
All in all it was a good day and we all felt very blessed, I hope that you all enjoyed a day as full of good cheer as we did.
Now onto the New Year, anyone else looking forward to getting back to normal again next week ? ;-)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It sounds like a nice Christmas despite all the craziness surrounding it. I hope V recovers quickly.

I am touched that my ornament is pictured.

Have a fabulous new year!

Emma said...

Loved reading about your Christmas and seeing the kiddies in their Christmas Eve Pjs. I totally stole that idea after Noah's 1st Christmas and have been doing it ever since. You are right...the kids totally look forward to it. Loved checking out the ornaments too. Those are all some of my favorites too. ;)

I hope you have a happy and healthy New Year!!!

Bean said...

Isn't it fun to see the surprise on someone's face when you go to the door delivering cookies? Hehe! Did you see the boxes we gave out this year, too? We had so much fun making the rosettes especially :)

(I fixed your link on my blog roll, too - btw, sorry about the mix-up with the old blog name!)

Google Analytical

screen