Sunday, December 21, 2008

So what do you do when life hands you stress ?

Maybe you do the same as me and ignore all that needs doing and go into heavy duty baking mode.
Up until this year I've never been known as the neighbor who dons a Santa hat and goes door to door delivering cookies, this year I'm that neighbor.
Victoria has some major knee surgery happening tomorrow just in time for Christmas, all week I've been stressing over cleaning the house, finishing up the Christmas shopping, wrapping gifts, mailing out cards and getting the downstairs ready for her, she'll have to 'live' in our den for a couple of weeks and wondering how she's going to do, between not being able to get around very well and being doped up on pain meds it could be interesting.
So what do I do instead ? I go into freak out mode and don't know which way to turn first and that's where wonderful husband comes to the rescue, for me to decompress from the insanity he took me away for a very mini break to a wonderful hotel about 1hr from here and it was fantabulous, whilst I was gone the house cleaning got taken care of, all 3 kids pitched in and cleaned from top to bottom, what an awesome surprise it was to see it all done when I walked in the door yesterday afternoon.
This morning I gritted my teeth and took off fighting the hoards of shoppers and I believe I finished up my shopping, if I haven't whatever was missed the recipient is getting cold hard cash, I'm done shopping and sewing for a while.
When I got home I knew there was a ton more to do around here, but nope couldn't handle so I baked and made up goodie tins and bags filled w/ Swedish cookies, peppermint bark and cookie bark and bags of homemade marshmallows for neighbors. Some will be oh so happy and some will think I've tainted them with poison, but that's all the fun of the holidays right ? Doing the unexpected.

Sooo I am going to sign off now for what will probably be about a week and tend to the needs around here, celebrate Christmas, visit with friends and spend some quality family time with the folks I love.

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and holiday season, if you don't celebrate Christmas then have a wonderful time celebrating just being you and enjoy the wonderful people around you.

Much love and see you in 2009. oxoxxo
.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'll be thinking about V tomorrow. I hope that everything goes well and she has very little recovery pain.

Have a wonderful Christmas. It might just turn out to be the best yet.

Emma said...

Your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. I hope that V recovers quickly and that you all have a very Merry Christmas.

Kat's Credence said...

Thinking of V and your family today, hope its easy on her (and you!)

Keener Family said...

AWW! Penny!!! I will be thinking of Vic tomorrow and be praying for you all! Good luck!

Google Analytical

screen