Monday, June 15, 2009

Six silly things that make me smile

Bean tagged me in this meme. We all need to focus on the things that bring us happiness more, instead of wallowing in the things that annoy and upset us. As Bean so aptly put it "Silly things are quite important for the well-being of all humans"

Here's how it works:
* List Six Silly Things That Make You Happy
* Mention and link to the person who tagged you
* Tag six of your favorite bloggers to play along

Here are mine in no particular order...

1) The Eeyore mug Ben gave me for Mother's day 6 years ago. He was only 5 at the time, he saw it in a shop window at an airport we were flying out of and wouldn't let up until Marc took him into buy it. I'll never forget the look on his face when he gave it to me, he was just so proud of himself. To this day I still drink my morning coffee out of it and it always gives me a smile.

2) My bird feeders, I have them strategically placed so that I can see them from every window in my various work / relaxing areas. I love to watch the various birds come feed and play while I drink my morning coffee, check my emails, wash dishes, work on my sewing projects or sit down on my porch for a much needed break in the afternoon.
Right now I'm watching a male and female cardinal playing and eating at the sunflower seed feeder and a pair of Ruby throat ed hummingbirds at the Hummingbird feeder. One of the hummingbirds cracks me up, he sits on a thin branch that is laying across the feeder, then goes to drink from the port when he's had his fill he sits on the fence and chirrups it's the cutest thing and I had no idea hummingbirds were so loud

3)Creating something wonderful from very basic items. Every day I create something from scratch, whether it be a loaf of wholesome bread made from the basic ingredients of flour, yeast, water, salt, and eggs or a pile of fabric turned into a softie to bring calm and comfort to a child. Gives me a wonderful sense of accomplishment

4) Popsicles.. At 3 pm every afternoon I take a break from my day and Reagan and I sit at the side of the pool and eat Popsicles. It's our time of day to sit and play, talk and giggle about everything and anything, she gets my undivided attention and I get hers, pretty sweet deal

5)The matching sapphire and diamond rings Victoria bought us on Mother's Day this year. It means a lot when your 17 y/o daughter wants to do something for the 2 of you to symbolise your relationship and show the whole world that she values the relationship the 2 of you have

6)Sunflowers. Does anything scream Summer and happiness more than a sunflower ? I love their cheery yellow petals and the sunshiny feeling they conjure up

Now I'm going to tag Karin,Emily,Erin,Lisa,Marly and Chrissie If you're not on my list but would like to play along, go for it and let me know, I'd love to read your silly things too ;-)

3 comments:

Bean said...

Great list, Penny! I love popsicle time, how fun!! <3

Anonymous said...

Done!
http://crazycommamomma.wordpress.com/2009/06/15/tagged-six-things/

Trish said...

Erin tagged me for this =)

http://justthe6ofus.net/wordpress/?p=5885

Google Analytical

screen