Friday, November 20, 2009

Pumpkin cheesecake

This is by far the best Pumpkin Cheesecake, ever. Personally I can't stand the taste of pumpkin and so when my friend Renee made it I was learey to try it, but one bite and I was hooked.
I made it yesterday for my wonderful play group Mommies for our annual Thanksgiving Brunch and I'll be making another next week for our Family Thanksgiving.
Give it a try, you won't be sorry.
Note: I garnished with big chocolate chips, my pecans had gone a little funky.



CRUST

3/4 C Graham cracker crumbs
1/2 C Finely chopped pecans
1/4 C Firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 C regular sugar
1/2 stick butter, melted and cooled

Combine everything into a buttered springform pan, raising the edges about 1/2 inch.
Chill for 1 hr

FILLING FOR PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE

1 1/2 C solid packed pumpkin (NOT Pumpkin pie filling)
3 Lrg eggs
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ground ginger
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 C Firmly packed light brown sugar
3 x 8 oz packages cream cheese cut into pieces and softened
1/2 C Granulated sugar
2 Tbs Heavy cream
1Tbs Cornstarch
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Tbs Bourbon (optional)

In a bowl whisk together 1st 7 ingrediants

In a seperate lrg bowl cream, cream cheese, gran sugar.

Beat in cream, cornstarch, vanilla, bourbon, and pumpkin mix until smooth

Pour onto crust

Bake in the middle of preheated 350 degree oven for 50 - 55 mins, or until center is just set. Let cool for 5 mins

TOPPING

2 C Sour cream
2Tbs regular sugar
1 Tbs bourbon

Whisk together, spread over top, bake for 5 mins. Cool on rack. Chill overnight. Garnish w/ pecans

No comments:

Google Analytical

screen