Saturday, January 15, 2011

Returning to the land of Blog

WOW !! That was a long break. The creative juices ran out, sickness set in and I just didn't have it in me creatively or physically to sit down and blog, but I feel my creativity returning along with my energy (thankgoodness) .

Christmas came and went, it was nice, it was quiet, the kids claimed it was the best ever, therefore I declare it a success.
The New Year came in and along with it came hope for the future, 2010 will not be going down as one of the best years ever, but I have the optimism that 2011 will.
Resolutions weren't made only to be broken days/weeks/ later, though goals were set. Goals to spend more quality time with the kids and less time wasted at the computer, to move Reagan into Victoria's old room and turn Reagan's room into a sewing studio in order to give Reagan a much needed bigger room and to free up the den and turn it into a game room, and for me to have a place that I can call my own, to be able to close the door  when I need the quiet  or to protect friends and family from the odd stray pin or needle that's waiting to embed itself into unsuspecting feet. 
To create something daily, whether it be a sewn item for my store , gift or maybe even myself, a healthy meal for the family or a handwritten letter ( gasp at the thought). Creating takes me to my happy place and I want to spend a lot of time there this year, it makes me a better wife, mother and friend. Last but not least I have a goal to expand my business, I don't know what that's going to entail yet but I've been spending a lot of time praying and meditating on it, just waiting for that God breeze to come through and send me in the right direction.
So far I've done pretty well, I've made something for the shop every day, I'm ahead of schedule and have started working on my niece's gifts for her 1st Birthday. I handwrote a letter to my MIL, she'll be shocked, I've made lots of new tastey meals for my family, I've spent more time with the kids when they're around and no longer hear myself say "In a minute" 1,000 times a day. I used to hate that about myself, now if I can, I stop what I'm doing and give them my full attention and only once have I asked Reagan to wait a minute while I finish playing "Penny's Diner" on Y8.com.

So here's wishing you all a Happy, healthy and more prosperous 2011 and a small look into what's been going on around here since Thanksgiving.

Christmas came and went


We had a huge snow storm the day after Christmas, giving us all a good excuse to stay in the warm and enjoy each other's company for an extra day.
We went on long walks once the roads were cleared so we could finally get out of the neighborhood
Late night snacks
Snuggling with furry friends


And lots and lots of sewing

No comments:

Google Analytical

screen