Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Like many other people this month I have decided to take on the 30 Days of Gratitude project, it's a great way to take time out of our day and realise just how lucky we really are.

I know we're now November 3rd and I'm just posting so let me catch you up.

Day 1 .. I kicked off with this Gratitude Treasury over at Etsy chocked full of wonderful things that we can use to adorn our homes or selves to remind us that Gratitude really is the best attitude and we all have a lot to be grateful for.

Not he best pic, but the only one we have with all of us and TJ too :)
Day 2.. I'm grateful for my family and 'Bonus son' They are who make me who I am today, I'm so very very grateful for them, they teach me how to love more, laugh more and not to stress over the small stuff. They keep me grounded, they teach me patience and they have taught me how to love not only life but myself as well.

Day 3 ... A house to call my home. This house isn't a huge house, it doesn't have a lavish interior, it's pretty average but there's something about it that makes me love it, the best way I can discribe it is it's like a big welcoming hug, when I'm here I feel happy, safe and loved. Every day I drive by this
and it makes me want to cry, just a few months ago there on that spot sat an old 2 storey house, it was old but it was someones home, one evening after a long night at work it's occupant came home, started to cook dinner, went to sit down while it was cooking and the pan caught fire, within minutes the whole house was engulfed, there was no saving it, thankfully the owner got out with few injuries but every day I can't help but say a prayer for him, I hope that wherever he is now he's happy, maybe he'll build a new home on this same spot some day.

Are you doing 30 Days of Gratitude ? If so leave a link in the comments I'd love to see yours, if not it's not too late to start :)

No comments:

Google Analytical

screen