Monday, August 11, 2008

Like a kid in a candy store

Tomorrow my baby turns 5, I can't believe she's that old already. On the one hand it makes my heart sing to see how smart, sweet and sassy she is and to think we never thought after the first 2 we'd be able to have a 3rd. On the other hand it makes my heart hurt that she's growing up so quickly and is already a very independent young lady.
Right now we are in the throes of Birthday and Birthday party planning and I don't know who is more excited, Rea or me. I LOVE planning for Birthdays. My sewing machine has been buzzing the last week making her a special Birthday outfit, an apron so that she can stay nice and clean whilst helping with all of the cooking (her favorite thing to do) and placemats and napkins for her 4 little friends who are coming to help her celebrate tomorrow.
I wanted to make a much better effort this year than in the past and most of her gifts are hand made either by me or fellow Etsians, all the way down to her Birthday card, which she is going to flip over. Anna from AMomentAMemory28 makes these amazingly beautiful plantable photo greeting cards. Reagan saw a photo of a black squirrel in Anna's shop and fell in love. Anna made the photo into a Birthday card for Reagan and adhered the photo onto recycled paper that has catnip seeds embedded in to it, so instead of throwing the card away, we can take the photo off the paper and pin it up on Rea's message board and then plant the paper and grow a special treat for the cats, great idea huh ?

Here's a sneak peek of some of her gifts, shhhh, don't tell ok ?



4 comments:

Kat's Credence said...

Aww! 2 cute, can't wait to see pics of her in them!

MelissaW said...

love Love LOVE the capri outfit!

Anonymous said...

those dresses are cute!

arlene,
Lakewood florist

Keener Family said...

Happy B-day Reagan!! Thats all so cute Penny!! Hope you guys have a good day!

Google Analytical

screen