Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Remembering Mum

June 12th 1944 - January 7th 1993

My love for and memories of you never fade, they are locked away in a special place in my heart.

Thankyou for all you taught me, how to be happy in the midst of turmoil, how to be strong in my times of weakness. Thankyou for teaching me how to love, laugh and play.
Thankyou for supporting me even when I was moving ahead with things you didn't believe I had any business doing. Thankyou for teaching me that it's ok to be selfish sometimes and put myself first and above all others.
Thankyou for teaching me the arts of baking and sewing and thankyou for NEVER teaching me how to cook kale and cabbage the way you did (BLECH)

Thankyou just for being you, you totally rocked as a Mum and a Grandma.

I miss you but know a part of you lives on in me and my children and that makes me happy to no end. Victoria has your laugh, Ben has your compassion and Reagan wants to be a little Susie Homemaker just like you ;-)

Smooches being sent up to Heaven,
Penny xoxoxo

1 comment:

Emma said...

Hugs Penny. Your mom is looking down on you with so much love, admiration, and pride that I know she is almost bursting at the seams. She does live on in you and your children and God willing one day their children too. Celebrating your mom's life with you.

Google Analytical

screen