Vinegar and gauze pads.
We had a wonderful day at the beach yesterday, the weather was perfect, no humidity, a slight breeze, and the ponies were out in full force, which thrilled Reagan.
The other things out in full force were the jelly fish, I saw several on the shoreline and didn't think too much about it but Victoria got stung big time and ended up getting quite sick from them. The first sting I didn't take much notice of and thought maybe she was over reacting a little, but a while later she came out of the water looking like she could kill, sure enough she was covered in stings on her elbows, knees, hands and ankles. She had to have swam into a smack of them because nobody else out there with her got stung.
She went and seeked help at the first aid station and they gave her a gauze pad soaked in vinegar, this deactivates the venom, sea water is the next best thing. Contrary to popular myth, urine does not help and can in fact make the sting worse, cold clear water and ice will activate the venom, so that is a big no no.
So next time you go to the beach be sure to take vinegar and gauze, Benadryl wouldn't be a bad thing either.
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (114)
- The ultimate job search plus a Giveaway
- Carnival bloggy giveaway
- August Good Deed & 100 post Giveaway
- R.I.P Randy Pausch
- If your kid is a lizard lover, you should read thi...
- Darn these gas prices
- I love my kids
- You know there's a serious swimmer in the house
- New in the store
- Sometimes when you least expect it...
- It's a full moon
- A couple more items in the store
- Who has Potty Mouth now ?
- 2 conundrums
- A store update
- My friend needs a job
- Living with nature
- A peek of things to come
- 6 Random things about me
- Do you have what it takes ?
- Embroidery fun
- Another thing to add to your beach bag
- ▼ July (23)