Friday, May 9, 2008

Life's an adventure

From one day to the next we never know what little adventure life is going to throw our way do we ?

Earlier today Victoria called me from school, a fight had broken out in a hallway just as she was walking by, one of the boys was bleeding profusely from his mouth and nose, got up ran past her and spit, spraying blood all over her.. GROSS !!! so she needed me to take her a change of clothes, Reagan and I went over to the school and were waiting out in the office while Victoria used their bathroom to change. Reagan was sat on a bench that had steel seats every 3 inches. I was talking to one of the ladies at the desk when all of a sudden we heard an ear piercing scream come from Reagan, I looked down and her leg was jammed tight between 2 of the seats, how in the world she got it stuck like that is anyone's guess. I tried to lift it out, no dice, tried to twist her leg in a different direction, not happening, next thing I knew the school nurse had been called down, everyone was crowding the waiting area wondering what was happening, the nurse called for a custodian, Reagan was wailing and the awful mother I am I was trying to stifle the laughter that wanted to explode from my soul. I had visions of firefighters coming to cut the seats apart, I'm wondering how the hell she got her leg jammed like that, I'm thinking of peoples conversation around the dinner table tonight, I'm seeing humor in the situation, ayayaye.
To redeem myself, the Super Hero Mother I am, I somehow managed push the edge of the seat out just a tad to pop her leg out cleanly, no windex, Dove kitchen soap or firefighters were needed, just a Mommy's super powers ;-)
Normally I don't name names, but Mrs Anderson was awesome, she talked to Reagan throughout the whole ordeal, gave her stickers and M&Ms afterwards and then told Victoria she was going to excuse her for the rest of the day seeings as she was contaminated with somebody else's blood, she felt she should go home and take a long hot shower, I agreed.
Poor Reagan was quite mortified by the whole thing, when I told her she needed to tell Daddy what happened today, she looked me square in the eye and said "I don't ever want to talk about it again." Alrighty then.

No comments:

Google Analytical

screen

Blog Archive