Sunday, May 25, 2008

A week of favorites

This week I have chosen to go with a theme. I will be posting 7 of my Summer Favorites.
Today is a glorious day, perfect for sitting outside with a pitcher of homemade lemonade. My first installment here is going to be my favorite lemonade recipe, be warned it's alcoholic ;-)

ELECTRIC LEMONADE


INGREDIENTS
2 cups of sugar
2 cups of water
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 large mint sprig, finely chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
8 ounces lemon-flavored vodka
Splash of sparkling water
1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest for garnish

Mix the sugar and water in a small pot and boil for 3 minutes to make a simple syrup. Let cool.

In medium bowl, stir together 1 cup syrup (leftover syrup can be refrigerated indefinitely), the lemon juice and the chopped mint. Pour mixture into ice-cube tray and freeze for one hour.

In a blender, blend together frozen cubes, sparkling water, chopped mint and vodka.

Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with mint sprigs and lemon zest.

For more great cocktail recipes, check here

1 comment:

Lisa said...

oooh, YUMMY! I will definitely be bookmarking this one!

Google Analytical

screen

Blog Archive